What size harps work with the stand?
It’s the weight rather than the size that matters. It is warranteed up to 13 pounds.
Is the height adjustable?
The Smart Stand has five height adjustments, and most harps also have more than one sound hole, so there is a substantial adjustment range.
Can I stand up with this stand?
The Smart Stand is meant to sit with. (However, we are working on a Super Smart Stand (trademarked and patented) that will allow you to stand with some harps – watch for it in 2021.)
Why isn’t the stand cheaper?
The Smart Stand is a top-quality, handmade accessory that is meant to match the quality of a well-made harp. The construction is precise, the hardware is the best made, the hinges are adjustable, the overlay designs are hand-cut, and the finish is harp-quality. The materials and the time that go into the making of this product by a skilled craftsman mean that the cost of making it is significant. Most manufactured products are priced at two to four times the cost of materials and labor, but we charge less than 1.5x our costs, so you can have the best quality product at the most reasonable possible price.
Can you ship outside the U.S.?
Can I adjust it if it wobbles on my floor?
Yes. The hinge assemblies are adjustable so that it will sit squarely on any floor.
Can you store the harp on the stand?
Absolutely. It is made so you can leave your harp on the stand when you are not playing.
Why shouldn’t I tip it back to my shoulder?
The Smart Stand holds your harp at an ergonomically healthy angle so you can see and reach your strings well without discomfort. There is no need to tip it back.
Can I order a custom overlay design?
You may provide a pre-made wooden overlay of the proper size, and plan for a wait time.
What if I want to return it?
If the stand doesn’t appeal to you, our policy is to accept returns and to refund your payment if the stand is received in new condition. If the stand has a defect, our warranty provides for a full refund in such a circumstance.
What makes this stand more practical than others?
There are several advantages:
- It is ergonomically designed by a professional ergonomist, for maximum comfort.
- It enhances rather than detracts from the appearance of your harp.
- You can take your harp off the stand in one motion and with one hand simply by lifting it off. You don’t have to use the clamp unless you wish to attach the harp more securely.
- It folds flat in one easy motion, for transport. It’s easy to carry.
- You never have to disassemble it.
- It is so sturdy that you can walk away and leave your harp on it as though it were a floor harp (of course, in rooms with foot traffic or pets, always put it in a corner).
- It prevents the harp from wobbling.
- You can adjust the height of the harp.
- You don’t have to lean it back.
- You can adjust the angle of the harp (tilt it sideways) if you wish, so you can see your strings more easily.
- You can lift the stand in one hand and the harp in the other to carry them.
- The hinges can be easily adjusted if the floor is uneven.
- It enhances the tone quality of most small harps, because it acts as an extended soundboard.
- It will not damage the back of your harp, if used properly.
- The carry case makes it even easier to carry a longer distance, and you can carry it on the same shoulder as your harp (see the video on the home page).
- You can get it in a wood that matches your harp, with an overlay design that enhances your harp, or without a design.